2PS upcoming workshops: call for experts to develop training for LEAs related to Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation
2PS Project is recruiting experts in Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (CSAE) to start a two-steps process to develop training for Law and Enforcement Agencies (LEAs).
Coordinated by DHPol – German Police University, the aim is to develop training for LEAs focusing on interactions, interviews and interrogations with the target group and helping LEAs to understand the risk, protective factors, and psychological needs of the people they engage. In this context we are looking for national experts.
A preliminary workshop will take place online on the 22nd of June 2023, from 10 AM to 5 PM CET, and registrations are open until the 20th of June, 12:00 CET!
What 2PS aims to do for LEAs
- Create materials to assist LEAs with interactions, interviews, and interrogations of the target groups – helping LEAs to understand the risk, protective factors, and psychological needs of the people they engage.
- Educate LEAs to work/engage positively and increase understanding of the target groups, introducing them to therapeutic models to help with police interviewing and the results of their investigations.
- Create the curriculum for training using a ‘train-the-trainer’ delivery model to allow for effective and timely cascading of knowledge and roll out of the training in partner countries in their national languages.
- Train-the-trainer workshop for partner organisations followed by pilot courses delivered by newly trained trainers in their own countries.
Planned steps to develop training for LEAs
- Consideration of the methodology to determine the status quo of police training regarding combatting child sexual abuse and exploitation (1st Online Workshop)
- Carry out survey on the development and training needs of LEAs
- Presentation and discussion of results (2nd Online Workshop)
- Drafting a report on the workshop results
- Create training and materials (depending on the results of other work packages of the project)
- Carry out a Train-the-trainer’s workshop as pilot courses
The experts shall meet the relevant law enforcement disciplines in the field of combatting child sexual abuse and exploitation (online and offline), for example:
- First response
- Investigation (online/ offline)
- MOs and obfuscation measures by offenders,
- legal framework (e. g., Penal code, Procedural code)
- Forensic medicine and psychology
- Victim protection
- Risk management, such as operational activities in the area of child sexual abuse and exploitation (e.g., investigators, police trainers, analysts, prosecutors, etc.).
Advantageous expertise and competencies of the experts are:
- Have experience in drafting training content or delivering training related to law enforcement officials.
- Have good knowledge of the English Language enabling the expert to contribute to discussion and write content in English.
The experts shall be available at least for two online Workshops: the first one on 22.06.2023 (via Teams) and the second in September 2023.
Meetings, work, and communication
The experts are required to attend the online meetings held during June – September. If necessary, additional online meetings shall be held to support the expert group’s work. It is expected that continued development will be required after the first meeting. Additional communication regularities will be coordinated in the first meeting according to the needs of the participants.
How to participate
Registrations are open until the 20th of June, 12:00 CET. Please sign in here: https://forms.office.com/e/cmsWi2Nhkb
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Willmes at email@example.com.