This website is dedicated to the dissemination of the Horizon Europe-funded project Prevent and Protect through Support (2PS). 2PS is a three-year prevention initiative that works on a variety of pressing topics and actions to help address the growing issues of Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (CSAE), particularly in the online environment (OCSAE). The safety and confidentiality of the personal data we process is a key concern for the members of the 2PS consortium.
- WHEN ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND USED?
We collect and use your personal data whenever you:
- use our website or social media or communicate with us via e-mail, phone, or any other digital communication channel;
- subscribe to our newsletter.
The data protection laws require that we provide you with information on the processing of your personal data. Should you have further questions regarding the processing of your personal data, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHO ARE “WE”?
Deep Blue S.r.l.
Via Daniele Manin, 53
00185 Rome RM
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS, WHY AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASE?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you use our contact form or respond to a blog, we process your data to enable communication between you and the members of the 2PS consortium, for which we rely on our legitimate interest to be able to respond to requests and questions or to contact you proactively for inquiries of whatever kind.
Personal data processed: first name, last name, e-mail address, the content of your communication, and the technical details of the communication itself.
- When you register for our online newsletter, we will collect and use your personal data to be able to send you our newsletter or other electronic communications to answer questions you may have about the 2PS project. We use MailerLite as our email management service. We will always ask for your explicit consent before sending you our newsletter. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe.
Personal data processed: your e-mail address.
- Improve the website’s and social media pages’ content and the overall experience we use analytics services that enable us to monitor and analyse web traffic. We use Matomo as the analytics provider on our website. For that, we rely on our own legitimate interest to offer our visitors an interesting online space.
Personal data processed: tracking and usage data (browsing behaviour, such as how long you visit, what links you click on, what pages you visit and how many times you visit a page).
- For all of the personal data we have collected in the aforementioned circumstances, we wish to make it clear that we will also process your personal data to comply with legal obligations or to comply, insofar we are legally allowed, with any reasonable request from competent law enforcement agents or representatives, judicial authorities, governmental agencies or bodies, including competent data protection authorities.
- WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In principle we will not share your personal data with anyone but the members of the 2PS consortium, as well as our suppliers who help us process your personal data. Anyone who has access to your personal data will always be bound by strict legal or contractual obligations to keep your personal data safe and confidential. This means that only the following recipients will receive your personal data:
- 2PS consortium members;
- our service providers when necessary;
- governmental or judicial authorities insofar we are required to send them your personal data (e.g. police or law enforcement).
We may share your personal data with 2PS consortium partners situated outside of the European Economic Area. If a transfer would take place, we will take adequate safeguards to protect your personal when transferred, (e.g. by putting in place standard contractual clauses as drafted by the European Commission).
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data are only processed for as long as needed to achieve the purposes which are described above or, when we asked for your consent, up until such time when you withdraw your consent. All personal data we collect to send you our newsletter we will keep for as long as you remain subscribed to our mailing list.
Aa general rule, we will de-identify your personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes outlined above or when the retention period as explained in this article has expired.
- WHAT DO WE DO TO KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE?
We have taken steps to ensure that all personal data processed are kept safe. These steps include processing only the personal data required for achieving the purposes we have communicated to you. We have also taken technical and organizational measures to secure our infrastructure, systems, applications, premises and processes.
- WHICH RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When we collect and use your personal data, you enjoy a number of rights that you can exercise in the manner described below:
- You have the right to access your personal data, which means that you can ask us to provide you information regarding the personal data we have about you. You can even ask for a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to ask that we rectify your personal data if you can show that the personal data we process about you are incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
- If we asked for your consent to collect and use your personal data, e.g. to send you newsletters, you have the right to withdraw that earlier given consent.
- You can ask that we delete your personal data, if these personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected them in the first place, if our collection of them was illegitimate, or if you have successfully exercised your right to withdraw your consent or your right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You can ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data:
- during the time we are assessing your request for correction of your personal data;
- we no longer need your personal data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- when such processing was unlawful, but you prefer restriction to erasure;
- during the time we are assessing your objection to the processing of your personal data.
- When we process your personal data on the basis of our own interests, i.e. you have not given us your consent and we do not need them for the execution or performance of an agreement nor to comply with legal obligations, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. When our interest relates to direct marketing, we will grant you your request immediately. For other interests, e.g. our security interests, we will ask you to describe your specific circumstances giving rise to request.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can reach us at email@example.com. A request should clearly state and specify which right you wish to exercise. Your request should be dated, signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. We will promptly inform you of having received this request. If the request proves valid, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible and at the latest thirty (30) days after having received the request.
If you have any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by Deep Blue, you may always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you remain unsatisfied with our response, you may file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. For Italy that is Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (www.garanteprivacy.it). You can find a complete list of all European data protection authorities on the website of the European Data Protection Board (https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en).